Following the June election results, we woke up living in a Socialist Utopia.
Actually I shall not be sharing my political views, on this post sticking to my area of expertise which is mostly handbag chat. (However should the PM offer me a position in the foreign office, I will accept)
Avoiding expensive handbag mistakes
1. Everyone needs at least one clutch. If only just to learn the art of minimalism, self reliance and poise. This should be big enough to fit keys, two, crisp, ten pound notes, a phone and a credit card. Lipstick is optional. In the UK we don’t carry guns in our purse – hell even our police does not carry guns, did our US readers know that?
2. Once you’ve mastered the art of clutch carrying – slow down and buy no more. The number of micro handbags, minaudières and evening clutches, we own, should more or less, correspond to the real life opportunities we have to use them.
3. A lovely Colour is tempting as well as uplifting, but a basic neutral will outlive fickle fashion. (Never mind the present government) For expensive handbags, especially Hermes I stick to black, navy or brown. Colours can date an item making it obsolete.
4. Looking at my wardrobe, most of my clothes work with black accessories in the winter, and brown in the summer. I have in the past bought pink and pastels for a summery look, but hardly ever used them.
5. A straw bag always looks non chalant in the summer. And who doesn’t want that? Shop around and choose with care, no one looks non chalant without hard work…
6. A minimalist but well rounded handbag collection needs about four items. (Check this list, not much has changed)
Stay relevant and up to date, study in depth my previous style and current affairs posts – get the password for ‘protected posts’ And help Save the elephant!
How to access password protected posts: To get your password please support our favourite animal charities such as Save the Wild Elephant Or rescuing baby elephants, by making a donation.Please make your donation directly to the charity and contact me for your password.
The fight against evil
The fight against evil must go on, please help to spread the word or make a donation to Save the Elephant from extinction. Whatever you can give makes a difference.